• Learn how to Run Mac Snow-Leopard on Ubuntu using Oracle Sun Virtual-box
  • Are you a Turbo C++ addict/? Learn how to emulate Turbo c++ with Dos-box in a few steps.
  • Ubuntu's purple love-- A Clean and minimalistic wallpaper for your Desktop.

VirtualBox error: Kernel driver not installed (rc=-1908) --solved



Earlier this morning when I tried to access my Mac Snow-leopard on my Vbox, I received a rc=1908 error prompt, later figured out that it was due to the kernel update from Ubuntu's system updates and to fix it I had to update and recompile the DKMS. 


Solution: Open terminal(Ctrl+Alt+t) and type in these commands.

sudo aptitude update

sudo aptitude install dkms

sudo /etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup

1 comments:

Pietro said...

In addition, for full functionality, you have to open VirtualBox as root and then install the extension pack.
Now you can work with virtualbox and enjoy the functionality of the controller usb2 (sharing folders, usb devices).

Pietro

Post a Comment